Article 11.1. The present Code of customs / further Code / is the local normative act elaborated and being in force in accordance with:
- Civil Code of Ukraine;
- Economic Code of Ukraine;
- Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine;
- Ukrainian Law 'On transport and forwarding activity';
- General rules of cargoes carriage by railways;
- General rules of cargoes carriage by sea;
- Decree No.1544,dated 12.10.2000 of the Government of Ukraine 'On port dues';
- Order No. 711, dated 15.12.2000 of the Ministry of Transport of Ukraine;
- On introducing alterations and supplements to the Port dues and charges for the services rendered to the vessels in the sea commercial ports of Ukraine;
- Order No. 188, dated 12.03.2003 of the Ministry of transport of Ukraine;
- On introducing alterations and supplements to the Table of tariffs of the works and services rendered to the cargo owners in the sea commercial ports of Ukraine;
- Statute of the sea commercial port of Mariupol;
- Obligatory Regulations of the sea commercial port of Mariupol;
- Other normative documents issued by the competent government bodies of Ukraine.
1.2. Code regulates the main legal relations arising between:
- port and sea carrier and/or his agent concerning discharging, loading of import, export, transit or coastal goods as well as the service of the ships rendered by the port;
- port and cargo owner and/or his forwarders during handling the export, import;
- coastal or transit cargoes;
- port and surveyors, insurers of ships and cargoes and others.
1.3. Code is considered to be the obligatory one and be followed by the concerned parties who effects or provides service in transshipment/storage of the goods in the port and the ships being handled or served.
1.4. Code obtains legal grounds for elaboration of the standard and individual agreements between the port and counterparts on handling the goods and servicing the ships and regulates: commercial and operating conditions of the port activity:
- procedure and conditions of the delivery to the port and removal from the port of the goods by sea, railway or truck transport;
- procedure and conditions of the vessels' arrival and sailing, their loading, discharging and servicing;
- procedure and conditions of the storage of goods in the port's warehouses.